Every DJ needs to be visible and searchable on the internet. Make sure you have all the following profiles ready and keep them updated with high quality content on a daily basis.
- Facebook Page – Your Facebook fan page is one of the most versatile profiles to have a DJ. You can list gig dates, your biography, host videos, photos and even live stream your DJ sets. It’s a must for all DJs.
- Instagram – Use Instagram to build a visual identity, update your fans with high quality lifestyle photos and keep them clicking for more with engaging stories. You can now even stream your DJ sets on Instagram too.
- Soundcloud and/or Mixcloud – Host your DJ mixes online using Mixcloud and host your own remixes and tracks on Soundcloud. Make sure you fill in the about section with a short form biography and your booking details.
- Resident Advisor Artist Profile – If you have proof in the form of an event flyer for a gig at a reputable venue like Ministry of Sound or 02 Academy you can apply for an artist profile and be listed on the RA website.
- Beatport and/or Spotify Profile – Here you can build a fan base by uploading your own music or by creating playlists which other people can follow.
- Link your Instagram to your Twitter and Facebook accounts so that when you post on Instagram it automatically updates your other profiles.
- Post your content at peak times, like evening times after work.
- Make sure you only post content which people will find genuinely engaging. Quality over quantity always.